Monday, May 12, 2008

May 12

We had a wonderful Mother's day weekend. Ryan and Lacey brought their little Hailey to Wyoming for the first time. She is such a cutie pie. Ryan and I rebuilt a gate into our back yard and it took most of Saturday. Lacey took mom to Park City for the some girl time and clothes time. Lacey bought mom some "hot" jeans and other paraphernalia. Sunday for breakfast I made a coffecake that I used to make when we lived in Kennewick, then we were late for Church. Which is bad when one is the chorister....but oh well. Deb and I took a long time to get home from church and when we got there Lacey had made a sumptuos dinner. Mom received phone calls from all the kids and some of the grands. It was a great day.

This morning, we woke up to 3 inches of snow on the lawn. KSL that snow would fall at 7500 ft. and we're at 6600. So what's up with that? Like I told the kids, you can't live in Wyoming and be a sissy.

Now for the politics, I'm so dismayed for everyone that thinks they can be president of our great country. Talk about not having the best and brightest running for office. I'm not stupid enough to not vote, but it will take some serious thinking and observation on my part to feel good about any one. It's a sorry point in our history when religion plays a part in the fear of electing a person that has personal values and who is not afraid to talk about them.

Until later.....

No comments: