Friday, August 8, 2008

Mustard BBQ Sauce

I had a friend ask me about Southern BBQ sauce. I really like the mustard based sauces that we had in Orangeburg. When we were there last month, I wanted to eat at Antley's but didn't make it.

So I found a recipe on the web that appears to replicate the Antley's and I'll try it this weekend (maybe). Here it is for anyone to try also (Ryan and Elissa like to use gourmet stuff. I don't know if this qualifies) Have fun.
Dad

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the mustard, honey, brown sugar and vinegar. Season with black pepper. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over cooked pulled pork or beef. If you want more flavor, let the meat simmer in the sauce for about 30 minutes.

No comments: