Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Communications Career Possibly Resurrected

Today I have an interview with the Uinta County Herald for a position as a full time reporter. This would be a complete change in my career and bring me back to my communications roots. I started out in Broadcast Journalism, then realized I enjoyed helping people to learn through multimedia presentations. Alas, I started working in quality control and quality assurance because there were no positions available for people with a "Non-commercial Telecommunications" specialty. So, I have endeavored to make quality assurance my lifetime career, but as most of you know it hasn't been my true calling since Icouldn't keep a job with it. I think it would have been better to graduate with an BS Engineering Degree and that would have fit the QA mold better.
So now I'm trying to change hats, shirts, shoes, etc to be a better communicator through a tiny newspaper in Evanston, Wy. Wish me luck as I try to make a great impression today.

Dad

No comments: