Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eureka

I picked up some books at the BYU Bookstore sale last week and I am reading one about the 100 laws to make any business successful. Amongst the first 10 laws was a little paragraph which explained why I've had so many job losses. People who provide results stayed hired. I didn't focus on results, but doing my job. When I worked for Battelle, they had a goal setting processes that I didn't much care for, so consequently I didn't follow the plan and I got downsized. Other places I have focused on results Iwanted and not what the company wanted. So, if I had my "druthers" I would've like to have stayed employed at Battelle. But like the hymn says, "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord" and Heavenly Father has provided jobs so that other purposes could be served.

Tomorrow I have an "interview" with Carbon Fiber Technologies which is on the other side of the golf course from our house. I've been cultivating a position with them for 3 months. I don't know if it will be a direct hire position or a consulting position but I'm hoping it will provide some financial benefit for the long future.

Love,
Dad

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Good luck! We'll be thinking about you!!