Friday, June 27, 2008

Home Thoughs

Today is Friday. I drove home last night after working all day. It took me 6.5 hours which included a 15 minute rest/fuel stop in Lander. I purchased a Tom Tom gps unit last week in Cody and I've used it this week to find locations where to clean carpets. It works great. However, taking the back roads from Farson last night gave it pause. When I finally reconnected with I 80 at Granger, it was happy to be on a main road. I'm going to see some potential employers in Evanston today. I hope that something will come available. I so want to go out to NC next week with Debbie to visit Randy and grands, but I have to have to have a job in hand to start after the 15th of July. Then I can quit the cleaning business and get back to Evanston. I miss being here and cutting the lawn with my new battery powered lawn mower (can anyone believe I'm trying to be"green"?) Deb bought it for me so she could mow the lawn without having to mess with a gasoline engine. It is much cooler in Evanston than even in Powell. However, the AC froze up and didn't work last night so we had to resort to the open window with a fan in front to cool the house. It works but not during the day.
It is just good to be home with my wife. I can't support a job that takes men away from their family. I can 't find a reasonable home in Powell and the medical community there just can't support Debbie and her needs.
I love looking at the posts and pictures from our children. Thanks for your comments, prayers and concern. We love you.
Dad

6 comments:

ranman said...

Is mom still coming? We would love to hear it out of the horses mouth instead of other family members. Your grandchildren and us would love to see her but will understand if she is not able to come, so please call me.

Randy

Trevor said...

Dad,
Keep pursuing your dream, but really pursue it. Keep fighting for what you want to do, and really market yourself.

Elissa said...

Glad to hear you're home for a little bit! We continue to pray that you'll find something close to home, we know how much you hate being away from mom! Good luck, we love you!

Rebecca said...

oh c'mon, just move back east!!

Lacey.costner said...

DAddy! I really want you to be happy, I hope the right job comes along for you. You definitely deserve, we all love you and are constantly praying that you will find a job that suits you and mom.

Trevor said...

Hey folks, your waaaay overdue for a new post.