Sunday, May 30, 2010

35 Years and Still Going Strong

I know this is late, but my heart is still beating stronger than ever for my sweetheart, lover, confident and best friend. Because our anniversary fell on a Thursday(May 20th), we decided to do the actual celebrating on Friday (May 21). So, after work we went to a restaurant and had lobster tail, then went to an opera in downtown Salt Lake. The opera was from Puccini and involved two one act operas. The first one was a tragedy about a nun in an Italian convent. Her family hadn't been to visit her for years and she had a terrible secret...she had given birth to an illegitimate son before she became a nun and found out that her son had died. So, she wanted to kill herself to be with her son. Then the second one was a farce about a rich man who was on his deathbed and all his relatives were waiting for him to die. Anyway, without boring anyone who might want to read this, the operas were great but the fact that my wife is still with me after all these years is the best part. We have enjoyed each others company all these years and love the children that she bore. My life has been so much better as a married man. I couldn't have accomplished nearly as much in my life without my Debbie by my side. I love her so and want my children and friends who read this to know that she has made me a better person. Like all men that I know, I married above myself. She is the best person I could have ever married.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sam, Cathy and Hannah Newcomer said...

Dad read your blog entry about mom. We really enjoyed visiting you guys and had lots of fun. Dad your entry was excellent. Tell mom that she did an excellent job with us kids and you did too.