Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dbone

When I consider Derricks Blessing, and whenever I lay my hands on his head, I get a sense of spiritual greatness that has been cloaked in his disabilities. I feel that the Lord will gently peel back those disabilities as Derrick stays close to the Lord. His anger issues are issues of frustration (which we all have) because he wants to be like everyone else and knows that he isn't. I don't think as a family that we have jammed those disabilities down his throat, but maybe as parents we have jumped in to "save him" from certain situations. There is such a fine line with him about doing too much and doing not enough.

I appreciate all that his siblings are doing for him financially because we are not in a position to do much in that arena. I hope that as a family we will all love him and help him achieve everything that is possible for him to achieve.

No comments: